Burton Town Hall

Description of Works:

The project consisted of the electrical, security and communication works to enhancement and refurbishment of the main building ground floor, first floor and annex office space at Burton Town Hall. The Old town hall was built in 1772 and situated in the market place and was finally demolished in 1883. Burton Borough Council, formed in 1878 and conducted council meetings in the back room of a public house!  A replacement institute was built near Saint Paul’s and replacement Liberal Club in George Street were also donated by Lord Burton, both being opened in 1894. The Town Hall has twice been extended to incorporate civic and council office space. Electrical services for this project included:-

  • Design of electrical services
  • Supply of new incoming services
  • Provision of LV distribution equipment
  • Generator services and installation of changeover/transfer switch
  • Lighting installations
  • Lighting control equipment
  • Emergency lighting systems
  • Small power installations
  • Electrical for mechanical supplies
  • Fire alarm system
  • Security, CCTV and access control systems
  • Containment systems
  • Earthing and bonding
  • Data and telephone services